What is Email Hosting?
Email hosting refers to a service provided by the cloud and hosting provider by renting out email servers for sending and receiving emails, the use case can be personal or business.
FREE EMAIL SOLUTIONS
There are several free hosting services such as gmail.com, yahoo.com, Hotmail, and proton mail among others. Free email hosting is the most popular email hosting service but they are popular for personal use. Most mainstream businesses and organizations utilize professional email hosting.
Professional Email Solutions
Professional email hosting refers to (mostly paid) a customizable email service that may utilize separate servers to handle the incoming and outgoing mail servers. These mail servers can be shared or dedicated.
Truehost Cloud Professional or Business Email in Kenya is hosted on a secure, private, encrypted, ad-free, and privacy guaranteed, feature-rich email platform.
Professional Email Features
Unmatched Security and Privacy
Truehost Cloud Email Service utilizes unmatched security and privacy technology and measures. The cloud platform has inbuilt anti-DDoS and Anti-Phishing functionalities. The platform supports data encryption both at rest and in transit. Additionally, messages are encrypted with S/MIME message encryption capabilities.
Truehost Cloud Professional email allows the creation of custom email addresses that are professional, easy to remember and give the business much-needed visibility and authenticity. Secure a professional email in the format [email protected]
Email Hosting Pricing
Secure Professional Email Service
$1/mo when you renew
50 GB15GB Storage per Account
- Web Application Access
- Realtime Sync of Data across all Devices
- 24/07 Expert Support
- Premium Antivirus & Spam Guard
- Multiple Email Clients -Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Mail
- Contacts Manager
- Events Manager
- Email Alias
- Cloud Storage / Drive
Custom Login Page Custom Url Team Workspace Video Conferencing Whiteboard
- Shared Documents
- No Ads
Other advantages of Professional (Paid) Email Services include:
Email Hosting FAQs
What is Email Hosting
Email hosting is a service that provides email accounts for users to send and receive emails. The email hosting service provides the user with an email address, which they can use to create their own email account.
Email hosting services are available in two types: free and paid.
Free email hosting services offer basic features such as sending and receiving emails, while paid services offer additional features such as advanced spam filtering, advanced filtering options, and more storage space.
They also provide a web-based interface so that users can access their emails from any device they want to use.
The most popular free email hosting service is Gmail by Google. It has over 1 billion active users worldwide and is one of the most used webmail services in the world. Other popular free email hosting services include Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, and Outlook.com.
The most popular paid email hosting service is Microsoft’s Office 365, which has millions of users around the world. There are other paid email hosting services such as Gmail’s Pro Unlimited plan, but these are less common due to their high price tag relative to the lower number of emails they can host.
What are the Best Features of the Top Email Hosting Providers?
The top email hosting providers provide a variety of features to help their customers maintain an inbox that is clean and organized. Some of the most popular features include:
- Filters: Filters are used by many people to keep their inboxes free from unwanted emails. They can be set up to automatically delete emails or move them into a specific folder.
- Automation: Automation tools allow users to schedule emails so they don’t need to worry about receiving important information at a specific time.
- Mobile support: With mobile support, users can access their emails even when they don’t have internet connectivity.
What Are The Benefits Of Email Hosting?
Email hosting services allow you to send emails from different devices and in different languages. They also have built-in spam filtering and deliverability features that help prevent you from getting your emails blocked or undelivered.
Email hosting services are useful for those who want to send large amounts of emails on a regular basis. They also provide a way for businesses to keep their emails safe and secure, even if they’re sending them through personal accounts or not using their company email address.
How to Find the Right Email Hosting Service
It is important for businesses to find the right email hosting service. There are many factors that need to be considered when selecting the right email hosting service.
The first thing you should do is find out what type of email hosting service you need. Some businesses might need a dedicated server while others might need a cloud-based solution. The next step would be to look into the features offered by each of these solutions and then choose the one that best fits your business needs.
Once you have decided on your desired features, it is time to look into their pricing plans, which can vary depending on how much storage space and bandwidth you will require, as well as how long you want your subscription to last.
Other important things to consider when choosing an email hosting service are:
- The cost of the plan
- How easy it is to manage your emails
- The number of emails you can send per day/month/year
- The number of recipients you can have on your account at one time
Differences Between Domain, Email Hosting, and Web hosting
Some of the major differences between domain, email hosting, and web hosting are the following:
a). Domain hosting
A domain name is a unique identifier for your website. It is a web address that represents a website on the internet.
This is the unique web address that identifies your business on the internet.
Domain hosting allows you to point your domain to any web host that you want, as long as they accept it and you can pay for it.
b). Email hosting
Email hosting allows you to send and receive email messages from your domain name. You can create as many different email addresses as you want, but only one of them can be active at one time.
The information in the email will come from your domain name. Email hosting services are usually offered by web hosts who offer other services such as web design, website development, or blogging solutions.
c). Web hosting
Web hosting is where your website gets hosted on a server where other people can access it through their browser (whether it’s a computer or a mobile device).
Think of it as the home of your website.
Now, to set up a blog, you will need a domain name and web hosting. With these two, you can easily create email accounts using the domain name.
For instance, if your domain is example.com, you can create an email like [email protected].
That email will be hosted alongside your domain.
But if you don’t want a website, you can still host your email ([email protected]) separately on its own server.
And that is where email hosting comes in.
Which Should I Choose Between Free vs. Paid Email Hosting Services
When deciding between a free and paid email hosting service, it’s best to look at the types of emails you plan on hosting. Some of the most popular email hosting services are provided for free, but there are also paid options.
The main thing to keep in mind is that free email hosting services will often have fewer features than paid email hosts. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Free email hosting: These services are usually very limited in terms of the amount of data you can host and the number of emails you can send and receive. You won’t have full control over your emails, and you may not even be able to export your emails to other programs. These services are usually very slow due to the nature of the hosting. A good example of free email hosting is GMAIL and Yahoo.
- Paid email hosting: Paid email hosts have unlimited storage space, easy-to-use interfaces, and reliable networks. You can clearly see from the point above that these email hosts offer a lot more than a free one. These hosts are also much faster and allow you to easily export your emails.
Explain These Mail Servers Terms: ISP, POP3, IMAP & Cloud
ISP: An Internet Service Provider (ISP) is a company that provides customers with access to the internet.
POP3: POP3 stands for Post Office Protocol 3 and is one of the most common types of mail servers used today. It allows users to download messages from their email account onto their computer or mobile device.
IMAP: IMAP stands for Internet Message Access Protocol and like POP3, it allows users to download messages from their email account onto their computer or mobile device. However, unlike POP3, IMAP also lets users keep track of which emails have been read and which haven’t on the server itself – meaning they can see this information regardless of what device they use to check their email.
Cloud Mail Server: A cloud mail server stores all your data in an off-site location (the “cloud”). This means that if something happens to your physical hardware (e.g., a fire), your data will still be safe and accessible because it exists outside of your office/home.
How To Choose The Best Email Hosting Provider For You?
When it comes to email hosting, there are a few things you’ll want to take into consideration before making your final decision. The following is a list of factors that will help you choose the best email hosting provider for your needs:
- Cost: How much are you willing to spend on email hosting? Keep in mind that you get what you pay for – so if you go with a cheaper option, don’t expect the same level of service as you would from a more expensive provider.
- Reliability: Can you count on your email host to be up and running when you need it? Make sure to do your research and read reviews before settling on a provider.
- Features: What kind of features do you need? If you need lots of storage space or special features like auto-responders, make sure the provider you choose offers them.
- Customer service: How easy is it to get help if you have a problem? Make sure the company offers customer support that’s available when you need it.